Gym pet peeves

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1333
Topic starter  

I published this over at WCF years ago and am reposting this here. I sometimes think about gym pet peeves while working out, so the topic is on my mind from time to time, along with some new ones.

1. Grunting so everyone can hear how much you are lifting.
  2. Occupying a workout station by just sitting there, mesmerized by your phone while others may be waiting it.
  3. Horrible smells from patrons.
  4. Not re-racking your weights.
  5. Singing aloud with the music you’re listening to through your headphones.
  6. Bathrooms that wreak.
  7. Having strangers working out next to you and chatting it up so much that you feel like you know every detail of how they spent last weekend.
  8. Hogging multiple sets of dumbbells at the same time.
  9. Being in a gym almost all by yourself, only to have someone walk in and use the exact machine or weights you were about to use.
  10. Patrons who wear inappropriate workout clothing.

Now, some additions:

1. Social media bros who use the gym as a place for filming for Instagram posts.
  2. Janitors/cleaning ladies who seem to not respect your space but clean all around you as you are working out.
  3. Groups of high school kids who move around and occupy different parts of the gym to do their workouts/socializing, which basically prevents you from doing your intended workout.

Ok, that's all for now.  I'm sure there will be a few more to add from time to time.

(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1863

I'm too old to work out now.😁

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory