What would a Beto gun "buyback" actually look like?
Never going to happen, but hypothetically, how would a Beto gun buyback/grab work in reality if it were enacted? I saw someone on Twitter opine that although people talk a tough talk, they wouldn't resist armored police if they came knocking on people's doors, enforcing the gun "buyback". Someone else pointed out that even if 1% of gun owners resisted, that's still a staggering number of people who would push back.
I think that gun owners are some of the fiercest defenders of their rights, so I don't think they'd simply comply, even in the face of armed police enforcement. While Americans accept certain burdens and restrictions on their rights, there's a line in the sand in regard to certain rights, including gun rights. I think there would simply be too many people who would feel justified in defying a government enforcement to make such enforcement untenable.
Phid I think many gun owners would band together and form militia groups in organized resistance.
Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.
- No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
- Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
- Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
- Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
- Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.