10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1811
Topic starter  

https://imgur.com/a/IwFMzpy

Are we seeing a death trend?  Was it intentional or just because the vaccines were rushed into production?

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1297

Where did you get this chart from?  This is not what the COVID daily death count is from another source.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

A conspiracy forum. 😋 

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
 Ken
(@skiguy)
Eminent Member Admin Registered
Loaded Rounds: 251

I should have paid more attention to those conspiracy forums.  They're all coming true now.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

I'm not totally sold on all the conspiracy theories just yet, although oddly enough, I do admit that some are coming true.  For years my I have had an argument with my mother, who's been saying that the Communists were behind a bunch of bad cultural stuff, and I dismissed it because it seemed silly that people who wanted a specific economic system would be trying to secretly change cultural practices in America.  With all the stuff going on now (Great Reset, government control, criticism-free approach to China, etc., constant media propaganda, etc., censorship), it does seem to be more and more real.  I might call it more "Cultural Marxism" than traditional "Communism", but close enough.

Interestingly, when I just did a search on Google for "cultural marxism", the first place is littered with sites claiming "cultural marxism" is a right wing "conspiracy theory", lol.  And for added effect, of course it's also labeled as "Antisemitic".

I must say - there is an entire industry dedicated to accusing the opponents of leftism of allegedly "Antisemitic" or "racist" motives.  Oddly enough, this industry seems to heavily rely on the conspiracy theory of "white supremacy everywhere".  We're living in the post-truth world now.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to know that governments all around the world figured out pretty quickly that they could use the pandemic as a means of tighter social control.  Interestingly, the pandemic has also become a way to redistribute the wealth by forcing small businesses to close their doors while the big box companies were allowed to remain open.  Online retailers also benefitted against their brick and mortar competitors.  Amazon is without a doubt the biggest winner out of all of this.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker You're right.  For me, the shift from "conspiracy theories" to "reality" accelerated over the past few years as more and more bold plans were announced which required massive government spending and/or control over large sections of society.  The Green New Deal was one such proposal.  Then, when I heard about the Great Reset last year, which openly sought to capitalize upon the world crisis to reshape it economically, I was astonished.  It's like the ghost of Marx has come back to haunt us even though we thought we locked it in the basement for good back in 1991.

I guess where I do disagree with conspiracy theories still is in the idea that there is a cabal of nefarious individuals controlling everything.  It's easy to presume that when things go bad, but I think it's all mere speculation.  If they really controlled things, they would never have let Trump in in the first place.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Unless Trump was a Trojan horse...

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

LOL.  I remember my law school professor for criminal law class used to say how TV detective shows would often tell stories of brilliant criminal masterminds who were outsmarted by slightly more brilliant detectives, while in reality criminals are typically just plain stupid.

I suspect something vaguely similar here.  The powers that be aren't as intelligent or as coordinated as conspiracy theories would have us believe.  They make mistakes, they don't have crystal balls that see into the future, and they aren't unstoppable.  Conspiracy believers who believed the Q theory were also in the same boat, thinking that Trump was in office playing 4D chess trying to bust sexual trafficking.  "Trust the plan" they'd say, even as Biden was getting ready for his inauguration.  Of course, all of that was ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The QAnon movement was one huge LARP Psyop.  People probably laughed at the believers, but many held their hopes that Trump would somehow stay in office.  Sadly, many have lost faith in the system now so the damage may be irreparable  

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory