Does America Go Back To Normal?

15 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1852
Topic starter  

Or are we forever going to be changed by the Pandemic of 2020?

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1325

Funny how you asked this question a week ago.  When I read it just now, I wasn't sure if you were talking about the pandemic or the riots.

I think most things will go back to normal eventually.  There will be some cultural changes around the edges, such as with people's hygiene, access to sanitizers in public places, and the people being extra-vigilant if they hear of another outbreak of illness in the future. 

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

It has become quite obvious now that America is never going to go back to "normal."  The Genie is out of the bottle now and we are heading into uncharted territory.  The de-fund the police department movement is quite troubling to me.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

My thoughts are that it sounds so completely absurd that any city that enacted it would almost immediately regret it as it turned into a cesspool of criminal activity run by gangs.  People and businesses alike would flee.

However, Tucker Carlson raised an interesting point worth exploring.  Why would Democrats support such an insane idea?  After all, the one objective for Democrats is power, and they wouldn't back this if it decreased their power.  Tucker theorized that the left wants this because they would be able to install a "community" safety approach to replace the police, which sounds like they would enforce the leftist, "woke" code.  Basically, rather than enforcing the law, the community enforcers would be able to enforce leftist doctrines.

If you think about this, it's ultimately unconstitutional, but a very gutsy, and scary move.  The left solidifies its control over cities, so that even if it loses influence in the legislative or judicial areas, it still retains control over the executive branch at the local level.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Only if Trump is reelected will we get back to normal.  This is by far the most important election of our lifetime.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth by the Left if Trump gets re-elected.  They will totally flip out and do everything in their power to have him removed...with all options on the table including illegal things like a coup attempt or even assassination.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker Agreed, but imagine what happens if Trump loses.  I feel like the left would use the situation to effectively wipe out the GOP and therefore any lawful resistance to their goals.  I recall that last August, the "conservative" WaPo columnist, Jennifer Rubin, talked about the need to "burn down the Republican Party".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/26/jennifer-rubin-says-us-must-burn-down-the-republic/

Fast forward to today, and we have leftists in our country who are even more extreme than they were less than a year ago.

To put it plainly, I wouldn't be surprised if a Trump loss leads to the end of our nation as we know it.  With Democrats in control, opening up the borders and granting D.C. statehood, possibly packing SCOTUS, they could set up leftist control of the U.S. without end.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

There would be civil war before all of that goes down.  Conservatives won't stand by and watch the Left destroy this nation.

Phidippides reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Donald, they (we) already are standing by watching.  My Governor is being absolutely tyrannical.  I am writing the RI GOP constantly asking them where they are?  Why are they not doing anything? Why are they letting her destroy the state?  Yes, they're minority party....but come on, make some noise.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

My Governor is a retard and a wannabe tyrant too.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

Does it seem like we have turned a corner with the pandemic?  Are we on the road to "normalizing" once again, or is this a false positive?

More and more states seem to be getting back to normal.  Mask mandates have been relaxed, planes are seating all seats on their flights, and even Disney Land opened back up the other day.  The university system where I work apparently wants classes to back to normal in the Fall, which sounds like mostly on-campus classes. 

Still, it's odd because India is surging with COVID cases.  Also, in the U.S., the government clearly loses with the decline of COVID as its authority to exercise its power begins to wane.  So what happens now?

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The next thing is forced/mandated vaccinations.  Or, at the very least, Vax IDs in the workforce by large companies.  No Vax ID; no job basically.  From there, who knows?  But one thing is very certain, the government never likes to give back control once it has asserted it.

ReplyQuote
 Ken
(@skiguy)
Eminent Member Admin Registered
Loaded Rounds: 251

They're getting real close to the mark of the beast, aren't they?

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @skiguy

They're getting real close to the mark of the beast, aren't they?

Indeed they are.  I have heard conspiracies that the vaccines can change your DNA.

It is just like in the days of Noah...when humanity was corrupted to where only a handful were "perfect in their generations." Humanity is once again being genetically corrupted to the point God will have to step in.  God sent the Flood to preserve a remnant of humanity by washing away the perversion that had become of His Creation.  He will send Fire this time to consume the world in order to cleanse it in preparation of His coming reign.

But before the fire arrives, we are all going to be in for a bumpy ride.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

Posted by: @donaldbaker

But one thing is very certain, the government never likes to give back control once it has asserted it.

It will be interesting to see what happens now with the new CDC guidance which lifted mask requirements for vaccinated people in many circumstances.  That would seem to put an end to many state mask requirements, but some states aren't following suit.

Mass confusion over masks: So can the vaccinated take them off or not? Some governors including Cuomo and Newsom keep their mandates while others say they will 'immediately' get rid of orders and many stores still insist on them despite CDC guidance

Are we seeing states grasping to hold on to power as it is being stripped from them?

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory