14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1868
Topic starter  

I might actually do one this year.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1336

Let me know if you need any advice.  By my count I've been playing for about the last 14 years.

Nice place you got here, BTW.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks.  Eventually this will be a busy place hopefully.  

I definitely don't know anything about the players. 😕 

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker

Did I ever tell you that I opened my own fantasy sports website some years ago?  I never developed it much, but it turned into my occasional blog/journaling of my fantasy sports strategies.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

No you didn't.  That's cool.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

My office is doing a fantasy league so I will definitely be doing one and asking for advice.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm registered at ESPN and ready for our office league.  Any advice on who to draft?

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker

Oops, looks like I'm late to the game here.  Hopefully you drafted well. 😀 

Keep in mind that your draft only determines about 60% of your success.  Who you pick up off waivers will also determine your path.  If you can trade with another team with some underperforming studs, that might be worth it.  I suspect that after Week 2, if certain key players haven't been doing well, now might be a good time to offer that manager one of your over-performing players. 

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I won my first matchup.  Jameis Winston is Quarterback and Kirk Cousins is my backup.  I wanted Lamar Jackson but I let ESPN auto draft my team.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well I have lost two weeks in a row now.  My team stinks. 😥 

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker

Don't give up yet.  One year I think I lost my first two matches and then went on a 10-week wining spree.

You have the ability to be a bit more open with your team.  If you have unproductive players on your team, you might drop them and stream players who have good matchups.  For example, Miami is giving up the most points to RBs and the fifth most to WRs, so pick players on teams playing against the Dolphins.  Arizona is giving up the most points (by far) to TEs, so if someone is available playing against the Cardinals, he might be worth picking up.

While your competition sleeps out of a false sense of security, you can strike, kung fu style.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I've been editing my lineup heavy this week.  I had to bench my qb since he was on bye.  I am starting Daniels from the Colts this week.  I think he is about to explode on the scene.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well I'm down 30 points this week to the marketing manager whose cubicle is next to mine. 😣 

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker

Lol!  At least it sounds like you're pretty chill about how your season's going.  Maybe I should have helped you out before the draft.   🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory