9 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1863
Topic starter  

The Hill: FBI raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3593418-fbi-raids-trumps-mar-a-lago/

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1333

This is pretty amazing.  Next up, they'll indict him with something.  It will be a drawn-out process to bring down their one obsession while distracting from the garbage dump of power that the Democrats are displaying while controlling the presidency and legislative branches. 

Donald Baker reacted
ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/i/status/1556884777424265218

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

Phidippides reacted
ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

What does Trump do now?  Does he play this charade out to the end, or does he negotiate with Biden's Justice Department to quietly "remove himself" from politics?  Knowing Trump, he won't back down now.  In the meantime, the FBI has nothing but time on its hands to find something on Trump.  Will he get the support from the Republicans after Mid-Terms to put an end to the witch hunts?  Or will they continue to look the other way while Biden et al keeps digging for something that isn't there?  I guess we continue on in Clown World until November, then it will get even more interesting from there.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

I heard that GOP leadership asked Trump to not announce his candidacy until after the midterm election.  I also heard that Democrats wanted to try to force his hand by announcing early.  My guess is that Trump waits and announces after. 

I have also heard (ok, I hear a lot of things on the news 😕) that Merrick Garland is in a situation in which he must indict Trump, or else the raid on Mar-a-Lago looks like a blatant political stunt.  In other words, Garland has backed himself up into a corner.  

Once Trump is indicted, and Trump announces his candidacy, all eyes will be on Trump.  Anti-Trumpers will be fixated on him, and the left will come across as being borderline psychotic.  Meanwhile, MAGA supporters will view this as a legit political persecution by a corrupt regime.  

So basically, 2023 will be the year in which talk of civil war will continue to simmer at a higher temp.  Not good. 

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The DOJ  expands its investigation:

The New York Times: Justice Dept. Issues 40 Subpoenas in a Week, Expanding Its Jan. 6 Inquiry.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/12/us/politics/trump-aides-jan-6-doj.html

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

Yup.  It's the transition to a one-party state.  It's amazing that it's happening in front of our eyes and the GOP is not doing a single thing.

It's actually kind of amazing because it means the Democrats are giving up on democracy.  They're waiving the white flag of surrender in the battle of ideas.  They can't win this battle, so they need to use brute force to shut down opposing views.  It's kind of an amazing victory for conservatism that the left is playing this game.  Ultimately, they'll lose, though.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I don't think the Democrats have cared about democracy since Kennedy to be honest. The RHINOS just care about having a seat at the table even if they hold no real power.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

It's kind of odd when you think about it.  What good is it for Mitch McConnell or Lindsey Graham to be in charge of their own fiefdom when the entire kingdom is ruled by the enemy? 

I still have hope that Republicans can pull this off as more and more people wake up.  Even if the GOP starts winning elections, though, the battle will just have begun.  The Deep State is more dangerous and harder to get rid of than we realized when Trump first took office.

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory