The Road to Civil War 2021

80 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1325
Topic starter  

I want to get your thoughts on what might happen in 2021, and how a new civil war could play out.  To begin, political violence is horrible, regardless of the side it's coming from, and it it my sincere hope that the U.S. could dissolve, if we come to that, peacefully, and without war.  In this thread, I want to see what kinds of events might lead to it, or if it could be avoided.

My thinking is that in the next week, Pelosi and other Democrats will likely pass Articles of Impeachment.  However, it is not clear that a conviction would be reached in the Senate, or if they would even get to vote on it before Trump's term expires on January 21. 

It seems likely that Democrats would continue to go after Trump (or high profile supporters) after he in out of office, and there is a real concern that some deranged leftist could attempt to take his life.  Would this be similar to the murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand?  Could this unleash a response by grassroots extremists (or non-extremists) on the right?  If so, I imagine the leftist government could go on a reign of terror in a massive, rights-shredding crackdown.  There might be little difference between the U.S. and China at that point.

With that said, I think this situation could be avoided in a few ways.  First, Congress could impeach (and presumably convict) Trump after his it out of office.  With control of both houses, this might not be too hard to do.  This mostly ceremonial act might be enough to quell the left (though I suspect not).  In addition, Biden could agree to a transparent, bipartisan investigation into voter irregularities in the 2020 election.  This would go a long way to showing the right that he has nothing to hide, and might help restore confidence in the system if large-scale fraud is not detected.  I suspect, though, that Democrats would not agree to this since even the discussion of voter fraud would give credence to what Trump is saying.

I don't think that civil war is inevitable by any means. I do think, though, that events could spiral out of control quickly.  These next two weeks might be the most important in our nation's political history since the U.S. Civil War.

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

By the way, weird stuff, but this is a current screenshot of the bio of Trump on the Secretary of State's web site.

https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well, that may solve the mystery.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Just clicked your link and it said technical difficulties.  Weird.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1852

I will reply my thoughts later today.  This is a pivotal existential moment for freedom worldwide.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Some chatter today in the interwebs about something fishy. Apparently CNN is reporting that a group may have broken off from the Trump rally early to start the riot, meaning it was more of a planned act. If CNN is reporting this, then there may be more to this story that will be coming out soon. Also saw this just now.

I don't want to buy into conspiracy theories, but this kind of emotion-filled event with numerous political consequences seems like a great candidate for bad actors to intentionally meddle in our democratic system. Stay tuned.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

They infiltrated the Tea Party rallies to make them look bad, so this is very believable.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

A few more developments. This one leftist activist, John Sullivan, was busted for being part of the storming inside the capital, encouraging others to riot.  Later on that day, he was interviewed by Anderson Cooper on CNN.  At least one other person in the Capitol has been identified as a Democrat and the son of a judge.

So it's not really clear at this point just how many leftists were in there.  I must say, though, that this video looks a bit suspicious.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

The Capitol Riot was staged and planned to make Trump supporters look unhinged and a threat to the country.  That narrative is crumbling though.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Abortion would be the trigger.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/another-war-states-coming-abortion-rcna35566

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

It is their most sacred act, so I suppose this is not surprising. 

In the meantime, the Democrats are sure to go hard at Trump after today's January 6 testimony.  They have to be seething after Roe v. Wade, the concealed carry case, and prayer case.  See this:

While I do think that Frank Luntz' take is kind of silly given that the the J6 hearing is pure political theater, and there's no cross-examination of witnesses, etc., but I think it might be indicative of what the Democrats try to do next.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Trump is rumored to be announcing his 2024 run early.  I don't think he is deterred by the show trials.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Do you think Democrats are going after Trump with the J6 hearings because they fear he'll run again, because they want to use it as a pretext to go after key Trump supporters, or because they want to destroy his memory out of rage? 

To put it in a different way, if Trump were to keel over tomorrow from a heart attack, would the Democrats basically try him in effigy?  Or would they wrap the hearing up quickly because there would be no further point to it? 

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

The hearings would continue whether Trump walked on water and healed the blind.  Yes they want to taint his good name and eradicate his legacy forever.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

More evidence we are unraveling as a nation.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/red-states-blue-states-control-of-national-policy-fault-lines/index.html

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory