80 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1325
Topic starter  

Posted by: @phidippides

Question: could tomorrow, March 21, 2023, be the modern equivalent of John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry if Trump is arrested?

Ok, so Trump was indicted yesterday - March 30. I was a few days off.  What does this mean going forward?  Several people have floated the idea that this is a symbolically historical event.  Is it?

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1852

I'm still chewing on this.  It is a significant event, but is it signficant enough to usher in the National Divorce remains to be seen.  I think people are waiting to see if Trump gets a fair trial and the ridiculous charges are either refuted or dropped.  If it is a show trial that successfully puts Trump in prison, then we shall see.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

In yet another sign that we're nearing the end of our republic, the vastly opposing perspectives is staggering.  Remember how I just mentioned that indicting Trump could be the modern equivalent of the raid on Harper's Ferry?  Well, to Rachel Maddow, it's actually DeSantis who is responsible for the modern equivalent of Fort Sumter by declaring Florida will not play along.  Fascinating.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9p9q/trump-indictment-civil-war-the-donald

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

I really think our country is toast.  It is only a matter of time before states decide to leave the Union.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I predict we'll start hearing the push more from social media but it would take a really long time to get governors on board with this.  You can't just secede and expect to go on your merry way without a comprehensive plan in place.  Would they just divide the property of the federal government up and divvy it among the departing states?  This is going to be a trainwreck unless the two side decide to break up amicably and enter into fair negotiations.  If not, I suspect it might come to war.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

This whole thing has an inertia.  It may take 5 years or 15, but this ends only one way.  Dissolution of the current 50 state Union.  I hope that war is avoided.  What would we be fighting to preserve?  Perpetual disunity?  The only way I see war is if the Left morphs into a totalitarian regime and will not let states leave peacefully.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well, that last part has been my working theory for years.  The left will want - nay, need - to govern over the right more than the right needs to govern over the left.  The left needs the middle class industries and families for purposes of taxation and a functioning society.  Strip these away and they're left with a bourgeoisie/plebian society with high level of dysfunction, a military that is either paltry or almost completely robotic, and an economy that would need to be state-controlled.  In contrast, if the right were to govern itself, it would suffer somewhat from the lack of industries in which the left is strong, but its middle class and work ethic would remain robust.

This is why I theorize that the left will cling to the right even as the right tries to separate itself from the left.  This will lead to further use of authoritarian measures by the left to suppress attempts at independence until we're something like China, but far worse (because Americans won't take oppression from their own government very kindly).

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

This topic continues to keep popping up.  It's almost like people want to see this happen.

https://www.newsweek.com/peter-navarro-civil-war-democrats-trump-1815079

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I think the left sees this as a path not only to increase power quickly temporarily, but to institutionalize its power permanently.  It's obvious to me that the party in power now (Democrats) would be able to ruthlessly suppress any rebellion, and along with the messaging of the media they would use that rebellion as a pretext to engage in an ideological crackdown on conservatism, and possibly even outlawing the GOP altogether.  Even if a small fraction of people on the right engaged in the rebellion, the vast majority of Americans (those who are non-political or only moderately political) would easily be persuaded to think that the right, as a whole, was a serious danger to the United States.

Think about how the Patriot Act was passed during a time of national crisis, or even how the J6 aftermath gave cover for the Democrats to engage in a political crackdown, regardless of how many civil liberties they trampled on in the process.

So yes, I think the Democrats realize that if they push the right hard enough, the right will eventually react.  Even if a very small percentage of people on the right react violently, it may be enough for the Democrats to eradicate the political face of the right.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

More fan flaming bloviation from the punditry world:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/04/next-us-civil-war-already-here-we-refuse-to-see-it

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Interesting how the author, Stephen Marche, is pushing leftist authoritarianism in that article from January 2022.  I wonder if things seem to have cooled slightly since that time, when we were still under the strains of the pandemic and vaccine mandates. 

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Sorry I didn't see the date this was written.  It showed in my feed and I assumed it was recent.  Still, it is added to the growing collection of Civil War 2.0 blogosphere nonsense.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

However, this guy gets what is going on and eloquently spells it out in words better than I think anyone has to this point.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1691529213667356672?s=20

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

More civil war provocations from the Left.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-supporters-highly-likely-try-kill-people-2024-analyst-1831191

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory