Clear all

The Road to Civil War 2021

80 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1874

I fully expect to see civil unrest after the elections.  I could even see Biden declare martial law to suspend the 2024 elections before they allow their grasp of power to be taken from them.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yet another article predicting Civil War.

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Past-News.php/2022/11/08/politicsanalyst-warns-there-probably-won

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1343
Topic starter  

Well, I do agree with him that confidence in our elections is decreasing more and more, and eventually this will cause the system to collapse.  Confidence doesn't have to drop to 0% in order for this to happen.  In fact, confidence probably only has to drop to around 80% or so before it all comes tumbling down.  If you think you live under an illegitimate government, your natural recourse might be to go outside the law to achieve results.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

This has got to be noteworthy.  I believe it's the first time a national politician has pushed for a national divorce.  I wonder when the earliest similar push for Southern secession was prior to the Civil War.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-taylor-greene-suggests-national-divorce-presidents-day

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

I saw that.  MTG is a strange bird, but in this case, I do agree with her that it is what would be best for conservatives.  However, if America Balkanizes, it will destabilize the world even further than it already is.  So who will be this generation's Henry Clay to offer stop gap compromises to keep this clown show together?

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I saw some on Twitter were pushing back against this.  Tim Pool thought it was a bad idea because it would mean a weaker North America would be playing into the hands of the powers that be.  That might be true, but I don't exactly see what our alternative options are at this point. 

Donald Baker reacted
ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

https://www.infowars.com/posts/secession-is-inevitable-war-to-prevent-it-is-optional/

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

That's a good article.  For the past several years I have said America will break apart in the next few decades simply because that is the trajectory we're headed without any sign of increased unity.

The writer does make a great point about peaceful separation.  We often assume that a war is almost inevitable, but we should get out of that mindset.  The more people assume a war is in our future, the more some faction(s) will lash out and try to start a war. 

What will be interesting to see is how the division is made.  Where would the borders be?  I think we discussed here before how it may follow along county lines rather than state lines.  Still, how would we handle blue cities in red states?  Would we put city-dwellers into forced exile?  What if they don't want to leave?  Or what about conservatives living in leftist-occupied territory?  Would they have to lose their land?

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Question: could tomorrow, March 21, 2023, be the modern equivalent of John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry if Trump is arrested?

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Could be.  But maybe more like the arrest of Nelson Mandela.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Alright, so it keeps getting delayed.  The revolution will not be televised....well not today, at least. 🙃 

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I think we're seeing an increasing number of cracks in the social fabric, and they're happening more quickly.  I just saw this article:

https://nypost.com/2023/03/28/wayne-state-professor-steven-shaviro-suspended-for-facebook-post/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

I'm a person who believes there are crazies in every population, including nations of 330 million like our own.  But is this really all that startling to hear a professional effectively advocate violence toward political opponents? 

Just yesterday we had a trans killer enter a Christian school and kill six people, including three children.  Still waiting on hearing the motives from her manifesto, but this isn't looking good.  Of course, the Democrats' response will be to push for more gun restrictions, which is going to have an even greater divisive effect on the American population

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

I may be wrong, but it sure seems like the Left is more likely to resort to violence than the Right is...and this includes the gun nut "redneck" stereotypes.  Yet, the Left is terrified of MAGA supporters trying to overthrow the government.  I just shake my head anymore.  America has become a clown show and the rest of the world knows it.  So sad.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I think a terrified left is by design.  The controllers of the left know that their narrative works if it pushes people's emotions, and so whether perpetuating a myth of "white supremacists" behind every lamppost, or imminent global warming disasters, or "dangerous" MAGA supporters, it's all done to manipulate people's sense of reality.

I agree with you that the left is more likely to resort to it as a whole.  In fact, the Summer of Love riots provides much evidence to support this, particularly when we contrast the most "violent" comparable act by the right, which was the vastly more tame J6 riot.  Objectively speaking, the Summer of Love caused some $2 billion in damages and left dozens dead.  Contrast this with the J6 riot which lasted a few hours, might have caused a few hundred thousand in damage, and left one person dead (Ashli Babbitt).  

Which one has the media framed as a worse event?

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/30/vivek-ramaswamy-on-un-american-trump-indictment-we-may-be-heading-on-our-way-to-a-national-divorce/ 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory