The Road to Civil War 2021

80 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1321
Topic starter  

It seems like the rhetoric is ratcheting up really quickly.  If we project where this is going, it is going to erupt in violence at some point in the near future.  Hard to say what that would entail, which side would start it, or how big it would be.  

One thing is for sure - conservatives really ought to be planning out a post-United State of America.  They honestly should have been doing it for years, since the coming split was predicable, even if undesirable.  We need to plan out potential geographic splits, essential resources, access to ports, etc. 

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1847

More nonsense from a washed up never was...
https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1567290634729398272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1567290634729398272%7Ctwgr%5E5fe20f05647486dbe58cb9b852c58cbc75a0eb65%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage5226109%2Fpg1

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

The Hill: Can Civil War happen again?.
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3647063-can-civil-war-happen-again/

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I read the article hoping that it would be more intellectually honest.  Instead, it reinforced the very problem that we're facing - people claiming to speak objectively while pushing a partisan political view.  The article framed all of the potential for violence on the political right, and completely omitted the Summer of Love riots which were the most expensive in American history, or any of the other riots that took place while Trump was in office.  If he is elected again, it could just as well be violence from the left against the Trump government, yet the thought of that wasn't even considered in the article.

Why can't we have "experts" who actually engage in objective analyses?  It shouldn't be that hard to do.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

The goal is to provoke; not inform.😒

We cannot take the bait.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @donaldbaker

The goal is to provoke; not inform.😒

We cannot take the bait.

Ok, so now that I have settled down and am able to set aside the partisan views of the article, I think the general thesis is correct.  A full-scale continental civil war does not seem likely.  However, this leads to two alternatives that I have concluded could happen.

The first alternative is that America splits amicably.  Also known as the "Great Divorce" or "National Divorce", this would entail the two sides agreeing to forgo violence and simply take separate paths.  Many people's lives - in the U.S. and around the world - would be shattered by this because of the economic ramifications of such a split.  It would change the way the world operated because there would no longer be a supreme superpower, CIA activities would likely scale back greatly, and foreign aid to nations would start to dry up.  I think that some violence would probably erupt domestically even if this were chosen, even if on a small scale.  There would simply be too much tension surrounding property, access rights, and so forth.

The second alternative is that America remains united on paper, but in reality it operates as a police state with stricter and stricter government controls.  Democracy would be replaced with authoritarianism, which would require modifications to the U.S. Constitution.  I can't really see this scenario playing out very realistically with a conservative government in control.  I think ideologically, it's really only a leftist government that would be able to exist as an authoritarian regime.  Some may argue that the left is already planting the seeds of such a regime right now.

Any way, it seems the long-term future of the United States is looking quite bad.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

America is on borrowed time.  I have already accepted this.  I feel sorry for the younger generations who are not equipped to deal with what is coming.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

https://usaherald.com/political-polarization-may-bring-it-all-to-an-end-says-bill-gates/

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Media keeps harping on this.

https://dnyuz.com/2022/10/05/talk-of-civil-war-ignited-by-mar-a-lago-search-is-flaring-online/

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

More pot stirring...

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3678086-when-civil-war-becomes-all-the-rage/

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Another article for the collection.

Ex-CIA staffer says 'Christian, white men' primed to start a civil war https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11385903/Ex-CIA-staffer-claims-Christian-white-men-primed-start-civil-war-America.html?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @donaldbaker

Another article for the collection.

Ex-CIA staffer says 'Christian, white men' primed to start a civil war https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11385903/Ex-CIA-staffer-claims-Christian-white-men-primed-start-civil-war-America.html?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

Well, she's got a book to sell, and she's a former CIA worker.  Ex-CIA people kind of gave up their credibility after he whole Hunter laptop scandal.  I'm at the point at which I know enough people know the gig is up and can read between the lines.  There was a time when claims like she made would have been more respected, but now so many people see through her words.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

The problem is they are pushing this narrative for a reason.  Are they setting the stage to make Christians the scapegoats for future persecution?  If so, they already know what is coming down the road.  So what do they know that we don't?

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Yes, that is the confusing thing.  Why are so many people in intelligence eager to push the nation toward decline?  I can't imagine that they're stupid enough to not know the effect that they are having on the nation.

One thing I recently realized was how very close we are to a potential war because of next week's elections.  With Republican politicians leading in many polls, imagine if we see a situation in which Democrats magically come from behind to beat out GOP candidates across the board in key races.  I think that so many people would just assume election interference by the left that there would be some big backlash, even spilling out into physical violence.  This could trigger a huge crackdown response by Biden/Democrats that would only perpetuate a national crisis unlike anything we've seen before. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory