The Road to Civil War 2024

10 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1335
Topic starter  

I figured it was about time to update this thread as Civil War 2.0 failed to materialize in 2021.

Posted by: @donaldbaker
So is Texas going to kick this thing off or will it turn into a nothingburger?

So the answer is that yes, this is the kind of event that would be a good candidate to be a catalyst for civil war.  However, I don't think it will come to that.  I think we'll know when a civil war is imminent when we have an incident that is equivalent to the caning of Charles Sumner.  In other words, when our politicians in D.C. get so heated that they resort to violence (directly or indirectly), I think you'll know that it's about to happen.  So far, I don't think we're at that point.

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Is Civil War 2.0 on hold now if World War III breaks out with the bombing of Iran?  Crazy times.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1866

@phidippides 

Never let a crisis go to waste.  All of their wars will happen on schedule.  America's demise is priority numero uno.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

So this topic is still drawing interest....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/civil-war-movie-timing-maga-violence-1235831454/

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Actually kind of surprised it hasn't already been the subject of more films. It seems like there was a big growth of dystopian films/TV series in the mid-2000s and after, and "Civil War 2.0" seems like an ideal topic for creators to address.  No doubt they'll put their political slant on it, but whatever.

BTW that looks like Jesse Plemmons in the photo for the story above.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Did you see the film?  I haven't yet.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like it doesn't come out until April 12, so no.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Oh, I didn't check the release date.  I thought it was already out.  My bad.

Phidippides reacted
ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

I guess it's time to stir up the civil war boogieman again.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/18/second-civil-war-becoming-increasingly-plausible-insurrections-likely-20671654/

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

FWIW I think the credibility of any publication is tainted when they include things like this:

On January 6, 2021, supporters of the then-president Donald Trump stormed the Capitol building, the US’s equivalent to the Houses of Parliament, claiming the previous November’s election had been ‘stolen’.

Nine people died as a result of the insurrection, either during or after the event.

Amazes me how we are in an age of obsession over "misinformation", yet our dear media pushes its own misinformation and gets virtually no pushback.

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory