[Sticky] What Will Happen To Trump?

42 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1811
Topic starter  

Trump is already benefitting from impeachment as he has 600,000 more donors and 5 million in donations.  Thanks Democrats!

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1297

Posted by: @phidippides

The way I see it, this is turning into a losing hand for the Democrats.  They lose if they try to impeach and fail in the House.  They lose if they impeach and get hammered during the trial in the Senate, which then lets Trump go free.  They even lose if they decide to not go for an impeachment vote because it means they didn't have a case and threatened Trump, yet again, with a baseless political hit job.  Heck, they even lose if the House and Senate side with impeachment because then Pence will take over, and he looks vastly more sane than every Democrat candidate out there.

So Pelosi's only winning move right now is to act like they're moving toward impeachment without actually moving toward impeachment.  If that makes any sense.   

Wow.  So I missed it on predicting that Trump wouldn't actually get impeached, but I was right on the mark with my characterization of what Pelosi was doing.  Given her stance that she might not sent the articles of impeachment over to the Senate, we understand that she wanted to use this as a show - a kind of childish "na-na-na-boo-boo-you-can't-catch-me" tactic in which Democrats get to claim the victory of impeachment without the reality of getting trashed by Senate Republicans during the trial phase.

These are interesting times.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

So my question is, how badly is this going to backfire on the Democrats?  Are they so blinded by their hatred for Trump that they don't care about the consequences so long as they successfully damage Trump in some way?

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

It's already proven to fire up his base.  Once Trump is acquitted, Trump will use it as a "victory" which he will then parade around, thereby angering Democrats even more.  It was a losing play for the Dems, and the fact that it was so clearly partisan broadcasts to the world that this was all just political theater. 

With that said, the next question is whether the Democrats dare to impeach him again if he is re-elected.  Wouldn't that be something?  You have to think that they would try. 

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I have no doubt that they will try it again and again and again until they make something stick.  That's why it is so important for the GOP to regain control of the House so that this insanity can be put to bed.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker

Here's where it becomes interesting.  I would normally think that Pelosi wouldn't want to try impeachment again anytime soon given the beating they'll take after the current fiasco, and given her relative desire to keep things cool as the radicals in her party try to push the Dems left.  However, I just realized there's a possibility that Pelosi steps down from her spot as Speaker because of this mess.  If so, I would expect someone more extreme to take her place (remember a year or so ago there was the debate whether the Dems should stick with Nancy or go with someone younger and fresher). 

If a radical Dem cakes over as Speaker, then the push for another impeachment might be made more quickly.  Things could get ugly after that.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@phidipiddes 

I actually think it is better if Nancy Pelosi remains speaker just because of the threat of a more radical leftist replacing her could very well happen.  It is a case of sticking with the devil you know as opposed to the devil you don't know.  Hopefully, the GOP can win back the House soon so that she can be removed without being replaced by a Democrat.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

It's looking more and more likely that Trump is going to lose the election if he doesn't turn it around fast.  His campaign is self destructing.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

@donaldbaker How so?  The media is batcrap crazy anti-Trump propaganda but most people are onto them. 

These encouraged (by Dem mayors and governers) protests while business lockdowns continue has done in the Left.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

His poll numbers (which probably are skewed) show him in the 30s.  He has admitted that currently he is losing to Joe Biden.  His generals have practically mutinied against him.  The RHINOS are jumping ship and openly saying they will vote for Biden.  He sent out a tweet that caught someone yelling "white power" in the video that he later had to pull. He let those idiots in Seattle pander to the thugs who setup CHOP/CHAZ.  His Tulsa rally was barely half attended.  He has just been sliding downward while Biden hides in his basement hanging around watching with glee.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

@donaldbaker

I agree that Trump needs to be concerned, but so many things can happen between now and November.  Trump's poll numbers obviously reflect worry over the virus and the rioting, so it's more about Trump vs. something potentially better.  When voters are faced with the actual prospect of Joe Biden in office, I think they'll realize that Trump is a safer option.  I'd like to see Biden on the debate stage, as people will realize he's not exactly fit to be in office.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

However, if Biden picks a competent running mate, he could get elected with people knowing the VP would step in.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

The only running mate I would worry about would be Michelle Obama.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

The only mistake Trump made in the COVID thing is letting the Governors rule the states.  He needs to do something about that ASAP.

BTW, I'm predicting there will be another COVID "outbreak" around, oh, mid October.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm beginning to think elections might get canceled.   Something just does not feel right.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory