UCLA and USC to B10

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1333
Topic starter  

What is this world coming to?  Should have known once we expanded out of the Midwest that things weren't going to be the same...

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1863

I've been reading up on this.  More dominoes are going to fall.  B1G isn't done yet in my opinion.  Notre Dame is on the clock.  Oregon and Washington have also reportedly applied to join.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Might as well give up.  The conference thing is falling apart.  My guess is that the traditional rivals in the Big Ten will still be in the same conference divisions...so then what's the point of the new teams?  I think you said it before that they're headed toward a super league, although I don't even know what that would be like. 

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

So right now there are 14 teams in the Big Ten.  Adding what - four (or more?) more teams, and what does this accomplish?  With 12 games in each season, the teams currently are not able to play all the other teams in the conference.  It just creates a very large conference with decreased amounts of rivalry.  My guess is that the new teams will still want to play their traditional, old rivals each year, which means they'll have one foot in the Big 10, and another foot out.

Maybe I'm missing something here.  Is it all about the money?

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Money from bigger media markets.  In this case LA.

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

I guess it was already mentioned, but Oregon joining....maybe other PAC-10 teams? 

https://www.outkick.com/oregon-big-ten-deal-meeting-details/

According to that story, they might go past 20 teams in the Big Ten.  This is kind of a big joke now, it seems.  The Big Ten is no more.  College Football needs to get its act together.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

I just hope my Cardinals land in a good spot.  I miss the Big East.  We were a better fit there than in the ACC.  The ACC is next on the chopping block after the PAC 12 gets gutted.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin

Looks like 7 ACC schools have banded together to see if they can get out of the Grant of Rights agreement with ESPN.  The "Magnificent Seven" as they are so called are: Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Miami, Virgina and Virgina Tech.

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory