Tactical Discussion Boards

Was The Baltimore B...

Notifications
Clear all

Was The Baltimore Bridge Accident Deliberate?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@donaldbaker)
Illustrious Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1866
Topic starter  

There are conspiracies running rabid on social media like Tik Tok claiming the bridge is a distraction to keep us from following what is going on with the P Diddy investigation which now includes involvement with Royals.  Also they say it was predicted on a Simpsons episode and on some video game. I've also heard the Russians were responsible though there is little evidence for that.  Should I put on the tin foil hat or not on this one?

Even if Trump were to be revealed as the Dark Lord of the Sith, he's still better than the last four presidents we've had.

(@phidippides)
Honorable Member Admin
Loaded Rounds: 1335

Yes, put on the tin foil hat for this one.  Make it extra heavy duty aluminum foil because it seems so absurd here.

I understand why belief in conspiracy theories seems to have increased in recent years.  After all, we regularly see news stories that appear to promote certain ideological views, but days, weeks, or months later, additional facts are uncovered which indicate the original stories were false.  We reason that the original, fake news stories were pushed to manipulate public perception on some level.  However, the danger is then *assuming* that every catastrophic event like this is all "part of a plan" to manipulate public perception.  This is where critical thinking skills are needed.

In the case of the Baltimore bridge, critical thinking can deflate different potential conspiracy theories:

• Was it a terrorist act?  If so, it would require some sort of "compassionate terrorist" who did his job at 1:30 in the morning when few people were using it, while also allowing a mayday signal to go to the bridge to stop traffic right before the collision.  Oh, and the terrorist would need to power down the ship at the right moment to make it look like an accident. 
  • Was it an act of distraction by powerful people?  If it was people connected to P Diddy who wanted to turn attention away from his arrest, then it seems like they were about 12 hours too late since the P Diddy story was already in the news.  And if these powerful people were wicked enough to take out a bridge which killed many people, wouldn't they have instead just killed reporters trying to investigate the story, or FBI agents looking into the matter?

So while I am distrustful of stories in the media that push narratives for obvious ideological purposes, I also get a bit nauseous hearing people on the right on Twitter falling for clownish conspiracies.  Our society is entering an informational wasteland now. 😒

ReplyQuote
Share:

FORUM RULES

• No posts that incite violence or promotes hatred will be tolerated. Critics of gun enthusiasts always try to paint us as violent xenophobic racists. Nothing of the kind will be found here.
  • Harassment of other members will result in a swift permanent ban. If you cannot be nice, your stay here will be short.
  • Spamming the board with mindless rants will not be allowed. If there is a need, a forum can be created for well articulated tirades. We support free speech, but there are better ways of going about it.
  • Inappropriate pictures or graphics will be removed. There are enough websites on the internet for that junk. LegacyArmory.com isn’t going to become one of them.
  • Soliciting services are to be confined to the classified ads forum. We will allow the promotion of other personal websites so long as they are not inappropriate or offensive to our membership. WE KNOW INAPPROPRIATE WHEN WE SEE IT.
Legacy Armory